Monday, September 19, 2011

So lovely scrapbook layout

Hello, friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! My family and I attended a German festival that we attend every year. We had a great time eating strudel, sauerkraut, and sausage! Then we went to IKEA to get a few things to help organize my room better. I sometimes think it would just be easier to buy a bigger house ;-) I will take picture though at some point and show you all how I organize my crafty space.

Now I know I said I would post a bag on Friday made using the new Scandinavian Christmas Cards cartridge. Well, since the ok came through late in the day I decided to go ahead and wait to post it. Then at some point over the weekend, I thought it might be a good idea to post it over on Everyday Cricut. That way you guys do not get too sick of my bags. I just love making them and I hope that some of you might venture into the land of fabric!

The bag is posted today on Everyday Cricut. Click here to check it out ==> Peace bag made using Scandinavian Christmas Card cartridge

Today I have a layout that I made using the American Alphabet cartridge and the Cricut Essentials cartridge which come on the E2 machine.

I used DCWV paper. I cut the FABULOUS border out at 3"
I cut the title out at 1" and placed it on a shape that was cut at 3". The flowers were cut out at 3", 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2", & 1" then layered to give a 3d effect. The leaves were cut out at 2" and 3".
The journaling box was cut out at 1 3/4" and then stamped using a retired Close To My Heart stamp set. However, the current stamp of the month has a stamp that would give a similar effect.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will see you all back here tomorrow!

 September's Close To My Heart promotions:

You can still get the Pair a Phrase stamp set for FREE with any order of $75 or more!



Also, there is a NEW stamp of the month that is only $5 with a purchase of $50 or more! This stamp set coordinates with the Art Philosophy cartridge!


If you get your Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge bundle between now and the end of the month you will qualify for the $5 Stamp of the Month and the FREE Pair a Phrase stamp set!

What you will get if you get this deal?

*Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (retail price of $59.99) , Three Stamp Sets (retail value of $17.95 each), & Three Dimensional Element chipboard sets (retail value of $4.95 each). Total retail value of $128.69 for only $99.

*The September Stamp of the Month 'Limited Edition' stamp set for $5 (retail value of $17.95)

*Pair-a-Phrase double D-size stamp set a $35.90 value for FREE!


YOU SAVE ==> $78.64

Click here to get in on this FABULOUS deal ==> Melanie's Close To My Heart Website


Have a MAGICAL Monday!

Photobucket Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

40 comments:

Short Scrapper said...

Thank you so much for doing a layout! I'm feeling a bit l/o blocked, but the blues in this one refreshed me. Love it!

Joan Smith said...

Beautiful LO...love the colors and the flower is so pretty. I love seeing how other do LO so thanks!! I enjoy making cards by scrapbooking is my passion.

Ohhh Snap said...

Love the layout! I've been resisting using the carts that came on the E2 because I realllllllllly want to use them on my Gypsy (can I get a grrrrrrrrrrrr lol).

SallyP said...

The layout is so pretty - I like the layering of the flowers.

Luv 2 Create said...

This is Gorgeous. Love how the border came out. I love how you are including LO's and other projects in the mix once in a while. Your flowers and LO design is fabulous.
Marcie

tndj said...

love the layout and the flowers are superb. Love how they are layered.

scrapdiva said...

beautiful layout, love the color and the flowers look so delicate

debz said...

What a beautiful layout the colors are gorgeous!






debz831 at gmail dot com

Kaycee said...

Adorable! I love the flower! Did you do something to make the blue like that or is it the paper???

Miranda said...

Very Pretty LO! I really need to get in there and explore those carts! :)

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful layout. Love the blues and the layered flowers. TFS

Olivia said...

The flowers are gorgeous! Another great inspiration! Just got the E2 and am still playing around.

Deneen said...

Love the LO! Great colors! I don't have the E2 but I can make it work with some other cartridges I have.

Northwoodszoo said...

It is "so lovely"! Thanks for sharing

JANLYNN said...

LOVELY FLOWERS. You have given me inspiration for a layout of butterflys in my garden. TFS

DEBBIE ORR said...

Beautiful layout!

inspiredwon said...

Very beautiful layout!! I love the blue flowers they are so pretty!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Amanda

Amanda.peterman at gmail dot com

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE this LO Melanie! You used some of my Favorite colors! It's soooo pretty! I really like the flowers you made! I Saw the bag too.... very cute! TFS! :o)

Theresa

Dee said...

Beautiful page layout. Glad to see a layout : ) You did not mention how much beer was consumed with the sausage and sauerkraut.

Kaye said...

Love the LO. You use colors so beautifully!

Amber said...

Beautiful Layout, I love all the blues, very calming.

Susan Edwards said...

Holy Crap, Melanie. This is a WOW lay out!!!

xx Susan

Anonymous said...

What a lovely layout! Can you tell me what DCWV Stack you used for this layout and card? Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.

Sincerely,
Kathleen (jbaugh1481@aol.com)

Bast said...

Your layout is just gorgeous! In the close up you took it looks as if that section could be a card or a journal cover. This layout is just so versatile as well as beautiful! Love it! TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Rose said...

Love your LO!I love the flowers the way your inked them & the 3-D affect they are so Lovely.... Beautiful Layout!!!

Jackie said...

beautiful LO!

Susan said...

Simply lovely!
SusanJ in Atlanta

Crhiga said...

Lovely scrapbook layout. It would look better on the wall than in a scrapbook album!!

Carol

Deborah Susan Jasperson-MaGee said...

All I can say is... oh-my-GOSH! I'm so in love with this layout!!! Absolutely beautiful.

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I love the layered flower, and the diecut leaves are fab too. TFS!

Annamieke said...

I love this card. The colours and the design. Which DCWV paper did you use please. I just love the flowers that you have arranged on the card. TFS

Pam said...

Just love the pretty lo!!! I soooo want an E2 with the American Alphabet. I just love that cart!!!
The Cricut facebook site is having a contest making pennant banners that say cricut.The E2 will be premiring on Sept 26th on the HSN. Give away after the E2 shows on HSN is 5 E2 to the banner makers. Not sure how they will pick winners. I sure hope I win!!!!

Angela Pyjas said...

Wow! Very pretty layout! Also love your bag on Everyday Cricut!

carolyn's creations said...

This layout is so beautiful!! I love the colors and everything about it!!

Star Ark Creativity said...

I like the layout and think you for the deminsion of how to cut it out. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great week :)
Delama

Marissa said...

Thank you for sharing a layout! I love your bags and cards, but I'm mostly a scrapbooker, so I love layouts!

Turnedgypsy said...

elegant Melanie

..it looks pretty too

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

OCCricut said...

Looks "so Lovely" too!!!

Diggin' the buttons in the middle of the flowers!!!

Rebecca's Card Hobby said...

love this layout - the colors are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing something made with the E2 cart.
Sharon (scrappyone)
sldotvaughnatcomcastdotnet

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS