Friday, January 1, 2010

Forever Young 18th birthday card for the picky teen in your life

Hello, everyone! Happy New year!! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday. I know I have!

Since we are starting a new year, today is the day we start our resolutions to improve certain things in our lives. One of my resolutions this year is to post more on this blog. I have been so busy with Christmas with the Cricut I have really neglected this blog. I am telling you that starting today I am going to make a huge effort to post more cards and layouts on this blog. As a matter of fact, I have a posts queued for every other day this month until the 25th. I plan on making more to finish the month off as well. I have decided not to give myself a mandate, because just like any other resolution as soon as I let myself down I will stop trying. Instead I am just going to make more of an effort and not be so hard on myself when I fail. I am still in college after all and that Christmas with the Cricut blog is not going away anytime soon. I know I will sometimes stumble, but plan on standing up and dusting myself off and moving forward.

So, on to today's card....


I made it using the Designer's Calendar cartridge for the '18' and Forever Young for the silhouetted woman. The paper that I used was the Basic Grey 'Wisteria', which I just adore. The stamped sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Have a wonderful rest of your holiday weekend!

8 comments:

yvette said...

Oh how cool is that card! Love the forever young cartridge. What 18-year old lady would not love that card?!?

Dallas Freyer said...

Very nice card. An a great resolution. I love your layouts that I saw at CWTC and cant wait to see more. I am also loving what you do with the calendar cart. I really want that one to make layouts with. Happy New Year, Dallas

eiyiyi said...

Love this card Melanie. I ordered Forever Young and was wondering just what to do with it. .... And, now I know. Between this blog and the Holiday blog you test drive so much for us. Thank you! hugs and a very happy new year. eileen

Kim. said...

What a superb card for a very ackward age, I know my daughter would love this type of card. Don't be too hard on yourself you ladies do a fabulous job over at Christmas with the cricut and everyone will know where to find your work which is always very inspirational.
Kim xXx

Crafting Katie said...

Such an adorable card! I'm dying to get the Forever Young cartridge. Too cute!

Jacqui said...

Love this card. Would never have thought of using the numbers on the Designers Calendars cartridge like this.

Nana Mouse said...

Fabulous jub! What an inspiration you are. Not only with your creativity but with your resolution, too!

Peggy

Joy Tracey said...

This is SO stylish! I love how you combined the Wisteria paper from BG with that silhouette from the Forever Young cartridge. I swear, the cartridge gets better and better the more I see things made with it!

Too darn cute!! LOVE IT!

Hugs, Joy

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS