Thursday, April 30, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge # 4




This is my first Dawn McVey color challenge I have done. I think she is absolutely brilliant! I follow her blog closely. She has such an eye for color!

Here is my entry. I love these colors together anyway, so this was not a chore what so ever!

My Mother-In-Law went to Holland and got me the cutest little dutch shoes! I love most anything European(particularly French and Dutch things). So, it was a perfect gift!

Here is the card I made for her. I was trying to do a little bit of a shabby chic kind of thing. I love the look of shabby chic.

I used a ton of supplies from different companies....

Cardstock: SU(soft sky), PTI(dark chocolate) and CTMH(white daisy)

Stamps: Treasure Life and Priceless Love(CTMH), sentiment is Verve(it is a plain Jane), the script stamp is from SU (I have no idea the name)

Embellies: SU ribbon(soft sky), Spare Parts Lace, PTI buttons, CTMH crocheted flower and metal accents.

INK: PTI(dark chocolate and aqua mist), SU(soft sky), and Tim Holtz(anitqued linen)

TFL!

9 comments:

2Bis2DO said...

Love it, you did a great job

Robin. said...

woah! this is bbbbeeautiful :O)

Christine Blain said...

This is a truly beautiful card, Melanie. Thanks for sharing - and congrats on your first challenge!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! I've yet to start my own card for this challenge. I need to get on it!

Susan said...

WOW! What a beautiful card!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I love all of the details you put into your card. Very well thought through! Fabulous job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

The Travel Realm said...

Beautiful card-- I love the details!

Winter said...

Pretty! Glad you could join in on the challenge!

Cheryl said...

This is a beautiful card. It's very elegant. I've never used white ink on such a light color, but it creates a great effect. Great job!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS