Friday, February 3, 2012

Welcome baby! door hanging made using the Giant Flowers cartridge.

Hello, friends!

Today I have a project made using the Giant Flower cartridge. When I made this project I was thinking of reason why you would need to make a large flower. The first thing to come to mind was a wall hanging for a new born baby. I have seen these for years on people's door and in nurseries of brand new babies. No telling what they cost to buy, so why not make your own!

You can go as elaborate or as simple as you like with this. This one is more simple, but you could just go to town with this and make it very full!

This is the 'Ashlynn' flower and I cut it so it would be a 9" flower.
I then cut an 'A' to go in the center for a baby's name.
I cut a large circle and hot glued it to the back. Then I glued the ribbon streamers on the circle.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will see you back here next week!

February Specials

The February stamp of the month is called Thoughtful Tidings and coordinates with the Art Philosophy cartridge. It also has some great number and sentiment stamps! As usual it is $17.95 if purchased alone or only $5 with any purchase of $50 or more!








Have a great weekend!



Photobucket Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my this is so pretty, and original.

Josie0602 said...

Gorgeous!!

Joan Smith said...

I agree with the other gals this is so pretty and gorgeous!! You are the flower Queen!! Love it!!

scrapdiva said...

very beautiful, great idea!!!, i want to get that cartridge

JuPooh65 said...

Beautiful!! I can see this for wedding decorations. (wish I would have had it last summer when my daughter got married) :D Thanks for sharing it with us! :D

Unknown said...

What a great idea. And versatile, too

Scrapper69 said...

Awwwwe! This is wayyyy to CUTE! What a fun project! :o)

Theresa

Jen said...

What an awesome idea. I hesitated on purchasing that cartridge because I too couldn't think of what I'd do with it.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is this! Love it.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful creation. Your idea makes me think of Homecoming flowers.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Liz O. said...

What a nice way to welcome baby! This is so pretty, TFS. Have a great day!
Liz

Deneen said...

Very pretty! You could use this for so many things by changing out the letter in the center.

tndj said...

Love it - would look nice on the end of pews in church at a wedding. Bride coming down the aisle with those hanging on the pews on both side of the aisle with the brides colors. Beautiful. Can already picture it.

julie said...

What a great idea. You sure can fill a wreath with all those big flowers, then just add a big bow and your done. Thanks for all you do and share, God bless you and yours. 1205love@gmail.com

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

That's a really sweet way to announce the baby. TFS.

missstamper said...

Great project!

Nanci said...

Cute idea. Our hospital charges @ 20 for those.

InspiredMel said...

I've never actually seen one of these but what a great idea! So pretty and you could pretty much use it for any type of celebration. Love it! TFS

SHELLEE said...

This is such a neat idea! I have a shower coming up and WILL be using this! Now--to find the cart!
Shellee

Migdalia said...

Beautiful!Amazing!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

JaniceA said...

The flower is so pretty. Thank you for sharing!

teachermom5 said...

Very beautiful. I have a baby shower coming up and this would be a great decoration. Thankyou

Anonymous said...

Suzie from Michigan says card is gorgeous and love the dolphin bag. Would love to win stamps or new cricut cartridge, scrappers never have enough, lol!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS