Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A very merry Christmas card made using the NEW Ornamental Iron Cricut cartridge.

Hello, friends!

This evening I have a card that I made using the NEW Ornamental Iron Cricut cartridge. I knew that that cartridge would be great for a lot of home decor projects, but I did not realize that it would translate into paper crafting so well. I had a ball making stuff using this cartridge. I had to think outside of the box a bit and that is always lots of fun for me!


I cut the frame at 4 1/2"
I added little red rhinestones to jazz it up a little.

The paper is from Close To My Heart.
The stamp set is from Papertrey Ink.
See you back here tomorrow for another project made with the NEW cartridges and have a great evening!



Photobucket Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

95 comments:

  1. Yes you are good at thinking outside the box Melanie.. what a beautiful card.. love the rhinestones. AND that paper is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! It's simple, yet so beautiful with all the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really very elegant. Very pretty. The rhinestones are a nice touch. Thank you for sharing.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. This cartridge seems to be very versatle.--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! what a pretty card. I love the red background paper with the snowflakes and of course the cut from the cartridge. Turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card! I will have to scraplift that! If anyone's interested, I am a CTMH consultant and you can order that gorgeous paper from: www.belindak.myctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just wonderful!!! I couldn't think why I would want this cart but now......:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just beautiful...you have such a creative mind, I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful card I like alot simply card
    thank for showing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card came out absolutely beautiful! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love the red gems!!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a BEAUTIFUL Card Melanie! The paper is pretty... and I LOVE the rhinestones you aded all around the frame....LOVE IT! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh! This is just lovely! I love all the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card. I have been debating out this cartridge, keep the projects coming please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the elements of this card - it's lovely Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card, you have such wonderful ideas and can get them down into paper
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always...such a beautiful card! Love the bling and I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card. It is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning, love, love, love this card.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is great! Gotta love anything with bling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful card and do you know that each idea you send out is a gift and that it in turns makes me think outside the box since I don't have all these new cartridges but it makes me explore all of the 101 cartridges I do have to find similar cuts so thank you so much for this......

    Joan Smith

    ReplyDelete
  22. that came together very nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look and will so be scraplifting the bling and iron combo. I knew I wanted this cartridge, but you just bumped it to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a perfect example of why following you is so dangerous...just when I say "I don't want/need that cart." you come along w/ projects that change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful frame...lovely card!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is simple, yet beautiful! Love the added touch with the 'bling'!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is really beautiful! I have this cart on my wish list, but don't think I have any problems with visualizing cards with it. That was my plan since I first saw it. I think my first card will be some sort of gate card with a beautiful garden behind it. Lovely and serene.
    JeanH

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty card. I have to ge tthe Ornamental Iron cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! What a terrific idea! Looks like one to scraplift!
    SusanJ in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thinking outside the box works for you...can't wait to get this cart...

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! Now I have to have ironworks, too! This is gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh - this is one of my favorites that you have made with the new carts.


    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the scrollwork on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card, the rhinestones add a nice touch.
    Gloria H

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this card, especially the nice accents you added...just right!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that pretty scroll work, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like this cart and see using it for many photo mats in the future! Thanks for leading the way "outside the box"!
    Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW how pretty is that? Some day you have to teach me to tie bows like you.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a gorgeous card. The little red jewels add so much to that ornate frame!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is very elegant. The rhinestones on the ornamental make this card really stand out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very nice card. You always seem to have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is gorgeous. It's such a pretty cartridge but the cuts look so extremely intricate. Was it difficult to cut and/or lift off the mat?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your card, I cannot wait to get some of the new carts. I always confuse who's blog is who's but both Melanie & Joy are awesome and I love your blogs!!!!
    Thanks for all!!!
    Karen dkolopez@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cool christmas card, the red stones add so much. TFS
    Mstgane
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, Don't you just love this cartridge! Thank you once again for sharing your talents with us!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love all the cards you make. I need to "play" with and get more current cartridges formy Cricut more so I can make as pretty cards as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is so pretty. I love this.... I'm going to have to put this on my need to get cartridge list....

    Need to get that list over to Santa soon.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This card is stunning. Love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is so pretty!You are NOT helping me put money aside for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is such a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Now why did I think of that. Using
    the cart for a Christmas card. Great idea. I can't seem to think
    outside the box. Love it
    nannamohr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. You made a very pretty card. When I looked at the stats on this cartridge, I didn't think I would use it much. Hmm maybe I was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the card - did I read somewhere that Ornamental Iron cart. will only be sold at certain places?

    ReplyDelete
  55. I fell in love with this cartridge from the first look. I already have ides flying around in my head. You just get me going with all the inspiration you show us here on your blog. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love it! The red gems are a perfect touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Very elegant card Melanie! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful Christmas card! I love the rhinestones ;0).

    Hugs,
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a great card! Love the bling! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful card, Melanie! Really like the paper - very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a pretty card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great card! I really want this cartridge! I love the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is exactly why I chose Ornamental Iron as my fav new cart from the ones just introduced. I could see using the cuts as backgrounds for cards with sentiments on top. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  64. The card is beautiful. Love the use of rhinestones...just enough to go with the elegant style.

    ReplyDelete
  65. LOVE this card!!! This cartridge is at the top of my wish list!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I really think this cart would be great to work with. I like what you have done with it. Beautiful Card.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful card. Love all the details and this cartridge looks like a must have. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  68. Such an elegant card - just lovely with the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow, I thought, Nah, not a cartridge for me but this may just change my mind:o) Gorgeous, simply gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love this! My granddaddy used to manufacture ornamental iron things, so this is very special to me. Thanks bunches, and keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful Card..I love the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I want this cartridge! Your card has just added to my want! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love your Christmas card using the New Ornamental Iron Cricut cartridge, it is so neat. Also love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the bling...beautiful card
    delgador at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS