Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Have a hoot on your birthday card made with Just because cards.

Hello, friends!

Today I have a card I made using the Just Because Cards cartridge and some FABULOUS American Crafts paper. I was having a bad day the other day when I made this, so I needed a little bit of a pick up. This paper and this cute little owl did the trick!

I cut him at 9 1/4". However, I cut his shadow at 9" and another at 8 3/4". They layered beautifully. I just hate the fat shadows, which unfortunately this cartridge does....BUT I figured out that in most cases you can cut the shadow smaller and it will work. Gotta love it when stuff like that happens!!

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.




Have a wonderful day!!



Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

82 comments:

  1. Awww the owl is just so cute!! I agree on the fat shadow thing. I prefer a tiny shadow too, so it's goot to know that cutting it smaller works for this cart :)

    Hope you are having a better day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Owls having a special memory for me and my now 18yr old son. Glad to hear about the shadow cutting. Can't wait to get this cart. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for sharing the idea of multiple layers for shadowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this card will pick anyone up. I made an owl card the other day and left the sentiment. "Have a hoot..." is too cute. I will be adding that to mine (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS WOULD BE A GOOD MALE-TYPE CARD. THIS IS A DEFINITELY MUST HAVE ON MY LIST OF WANTS. CAN'T BELIEVE I AM THE 4TH TO POST, GUESS EVERYBODY IS BUSY WITH EASTER. HOPPY EASTER!
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I see that cart has everything. I need it! Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry you were having a bad day,but the card is adorable. efghaus@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he is a hoot! Love your card.
    Thanks for the cutting tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip about shadowing the owl. I just received the Just Because cartridge and can't wait to use it next week.! Hope you are having better days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh.....I love the smaller shadow also! thanks for the tip will definitely try that...great card!
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a friend who collects owls, so I'm always looking for one for her. This will be a great one! Thanks for the tip about the fat shadows. This card is on my must have list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card!!!! I can't wait to get this cartridge:) Everything you gals have done are so cute!
    TFS
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  13. The owl is too cute. I like the wink. ;) THanks for the tip, that's good stuff! HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the owl. it is so cute. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This owl card will perk up anyone's day. TFS

    Donna C.
    goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much!! This card made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! I certainly had a hoot on my last birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the shadowing information, you are awesome. The owl is cute too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the owl! I think I need to get this cart! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. too cute and the background colors are very springy! thank you for sharing..
    marie sierra
    mea57_98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the owl and the narrow shadow. All of your cards this week have been gorgeous. I just had time to look at them but not comment. Beautiful job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just the cutest card! Good thinking about the shadowing if you want a smaller one.
    TFS~
    Jennifer, blossom93 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card, can't wait to get that cart
    thanks
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  25. This cartridge is at the top of my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute card! It's easy to see why this card would perk you up. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the winking owl! Very good tip on using smaller shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nancy B....

    I also just got this cart. Thanks for the tip on the shadow feature.

    Love the card, the paper is so pretty.

    Hope your day is a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That owl is just too cute! Thanks for the tip on the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable! Thanks for sharing the cutting tip for shadows. Never would've thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just looking at that owl made me smile, I love this cart! I hope you are feeling better, Melanie. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Carmen L
    cal8007 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. A very cute owl card. Love it.

    luckiepup@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. too cute. this little guys would be great on a graduation card too.

    tfs,
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  34. How cute is that owl?? I love how he is winking! I just got this cart yesterday, so I can't wait to try this card. And that tip about the shadow is VERY helpful, since I don't like a fat shadow either :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute card. I may have to get that stamp to use with my Paisley cartridge owl.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The owl is adorable!Thanks for sharing your ideas and "HAPPY EASTER!"

    ReplyDelete
  37. CUTE! The card is simple and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very cute! Love the ribbon and bling too.
    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I agree that card would pick anyones day up. I have trouble with shadowing. I try and cut the shadow the same size as the object. Guess I should up the shadow size by 1/2 inch.
    Thank you
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for the tip and after making that card you gotta be in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Pretty darn cute card. An owl that looks like that will definately cheer anyone up
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for the tip on the shadowing. He's kind of a strange looking little owl..

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well, that owl would perk anyone up! Thanks for the shadow tips. I love the winking eye. Happy Easter Weekend. (awillmon39@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love owls and the card is so cute!

    Joye B
    joyebr@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awww... That is adorable! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, cute card! Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for all you do. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Soooooooo happy you were able to brighten your day with this adorable card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Cute card! I'm amazed that you can still be so creative even when having a bad day. Hope things go better for the Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  49. what a fun card. I like the ribbon and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  50. this is a great card. i hope you check out my giveaways and first ever blog too.

    chriswooten57
    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cute card. Love the owl. Have a great weekend. TFS :O)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I really like your card, very cute. I just received this cart and am having alot of trouble figuring out all the cuts since the whole type pad is envelopes. Would you have any suggestions?
    Pls email if you could help.
    Thanks Gina
    raegina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Super cute card. Lovin the little colorful owl:) Thanks for sharing.
    Monica L.
    monita23@ca.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. The card is so adorable. Need to get the cartridge.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wish I'd had this cartridge for my dd b-day card. It is so cute and she's now 23! My baby! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the owl. Thanks for the tip about the shadowing. Hope your day got better.--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I bought this cartridge last night after seeing this card! Can't wait until it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  58. So very cute. This would pick up your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  59. So cutesy!!

    deelepage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the card! Great colors papers and the little owl is adorable! TFS
    mccadesmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love this card! That cart is on my list for buying next. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  62. So so cute!! That owl is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. It's such a cute owl. I like this one for b-days so I'm going to try it out for my nephew Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Very cute owl card. Thanks
    Erin K.
    ekell77@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. So cute! I love the owl. I agree about the shadows and also that not all cartridges match up if you cut the shadow smaller. Good to know this one does. I can't wait to get this cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  66. This is sooo adorable, love the owl! I also love how you used the punch on different colored paper to make the background!! Very crafty idea! :) I will have to keep this in mind! LOVE IT!! :)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  67. ooooh he is too cute...these little tips sure do help...

    ReplyDelete
  68. Too stinkin' cute!!! Love the owl, but I love about every owl out there!!!! Great job Melanie! I just love to see all your creations!

    Thanks again!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. i like the 'touch' of shadow also. never thought too much of 'fat' ones, but now that you mention it, i too would rather have a light shadow.

    tfs,
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  70. He is so cute Mel. I hope you doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  71. How totally cute! He's precious! Great card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  72. Cute card. Love the eyes. cberrylynn

    ReplyDelete
  73. LOVE LVOE LVOE this card! super duper cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. This owl is cute. Another "must have" cartridge.
    RebeccaJane:)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Melanie- I love the color combination on the Owl! And the paper goes perfect with it! You are a great paper crafter! Thank you for all the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS