Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Color me happy butterfly card made using the NEW Florals Embellished cartridge.

Hello, my sweets!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! It really made my whole weekend!! I think I have some of the sweetest blog followers online! You guys always raise me up and make me feel good. I love you all!

Today I have a really colorful card made using the NEW Florals Embellished cartridge. I designed this one laying in bed the other night. The butterflies on this cartridge reminded me of some Basic Grey paper I had called Urban Prairie, so it practically designed itself.

I used Basic Grey paper and a My Creative Time stamp set.
I cut the butterfly out at 2".


I hope you all have a warm and cozy day wherever you may be! I am going to start a fire soon because it is VERY cold here today!

See you all back here tomorrow!!

Photobucket Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

58 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love the paper that you used!!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY card. I guess i have another cartridge to add to my husbands list (giggle)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty...love the coloured layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the layered look and that butterfly is beautiful. It is very chilly here in San Diego today also. I had hoped the warm weather we had last week would continue into this weekend for all of those attending CHA. But I am sure, they were to busy inside to worry about the weather outside.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty---Love the butterfly.

    Roxanna
    bswinch at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think this card is awesome. I love the pastel color layering. The butterfly also is great. Happy belated bithday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutly GORGEOUS!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card; the layering makes the butterfly stand out. I must have the Cricut bug because I too mentally designed a card I made while I was heading off to bed the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I just love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this card is lovely! It's giving me warm thoughts while I am at home in icy North Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you never explained though how you got all those different colors in the butterfly though. sorry but i'm new at this. do you also do layouts?
    smacki01atcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card! Another "must have" cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. Love the way you layered it. So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! But I have to ask - did you actually use 8 layers of paper? It looks really cool but I would be going through lots of paper is I layered that much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Keep designing in bed!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card, I love all those frames of different colors - really makes the butterfly pop - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your card...it's sooooooo pretty!!!!! Glad you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a happy card and beautiful butterfy.
    Gloria H

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute. Butterflies are the best, and with those colors, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday
    Lovely butterfly card. love the layers that look like lace

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the colors and the layering and the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here is another cartridge that I must add to my “must have list” I just love the butterfly and the possibilities are endless to say the least.

    Kimberly
    Kimbrerly.pate@gmail.com
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL! I love how you used CTMH's new Sophia papers and ribbon with PTI's new stamps and of course with the Cake Basics cart. Your layout is amazing! Happy 34th! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday to you - lovely lady! I adore this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is super cute card. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card...lovely colors! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful card! I love that new cartridge.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the card. I love the layering.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  30. Melanie,

    I love the cuts on this florals embellished cartridge. Your card is beautiful! I like the Mothers day boquet cartridge for all the flowers, but there seems to be a lot of nice flower cuts on floral embellished (hence the name!) Any way in your opinion, if I am getting the florals emb. cart would I still find use with the mothers day boquet? I don't even know if my question makes sense, but if it is redundant to get both then I would just get the florals emb.

    Thanks, figure you could give the best answer since you have used both carts!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice card. Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am very new to the cricut scene and love what it can do. I only have three cartridges but getting use out of each one. I just created my daughters valentines cards for her class and they turned out great. I am looking forward to reading all your ideas and moving forward to make more and more. Thanks for all the projects that you have made. Great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE this Card! Such pretty colors!
    I know what your talkin' about with it being cold Melanie! It was 6 degrees at 2 in the afternoon.... can't imagine how much colder it's gonna get.... and that's that we were not in the path of the HUGE storm... I think we are getting clipped by it just a little! LOL Stay warm! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well happy birthday! Love the card. The image and colors are just plain sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So simple yet so complex beauty!!!
    I love this and I wish you a belated birthday, hope you day was supper good!! pennykitz@charte.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. well just color me happy loving that card!! I love butterflies and I would LOVE that cartridge!!
    parkernana5 @ cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. So pretty! Makes me think of spring, which is great since we're in the middle of a snowstorm here in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pretty little butterfly. This is a gorgeous cut.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You butterfly card reminds me of spring...a season I thought we were already in last week...but now it's back down to freezing!
    Lovely card - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just HOW incredibly pretty is your butterfly card?...VERY...thanks for sharing
    sonyagilley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Supercute! I love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  42. pretty card, love all the colours.....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very pretty card.I love the layered look!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Obviously, it's close to spring 'cause flutterbies are flying! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is a really pretty card, I love the cut and the way you layered the papers used for the cut is beautiful.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  46. LOVE THIS CARD! very pretty! thanks for posting - reminds me of a barbie butterfly cake I made for a birthday years ago!

    ladydevine73@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hope you enjoyed your birthday. Love the card...love butterflies. THank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your design on this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Missed this on the 1st - this is an amazing card! I really like the way you built up the color with the matting and popped the butterfly! Just beautiful!
    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  50. The colors on this card are SO very happy! Great design!
    Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  51. This card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! GREAT job my friend!!!;)
    Big Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS