Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nothing but blue skies-- card made with New Close to My Heart paper and stamps

Hello, friends!

I have seen so many people make clear cards. They always impress me! I had to finally give it a try myself. Lucky for me Close To My Heart will now be selling acrylic cards. All you have to do is add paper and decorate. LOVE IT!


I used all Close To My Heart supplies on this card. The paper line is call 'Splendor' and the stamp set is new and called 'Over the Rainbow'. Everything will be available May 1st though Close To My Heart




Thanks so much for stopping by today!! You guys are awesome!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

96 comments:

  1. love the card. i also love ctmh stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a cool card!! Love the acrylic look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Acrylic? Who would have thought, but that's sounds great. Can't wait to try.Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the look of this card!! Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. It looks laminated, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Melanie.
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look really neat and your card is great!
    TFS

    Lynda

    flockerbie@indy.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and paper. I can't wait for the acrylic cards.
    Rebecca:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know about the acrylic cards. I'll have to order some through my CTMH rep. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a song to me...
    lovely card,
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat card!
    MCF's Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the card!! I have never seen an acrylic card. I will have to get myself some!! Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! Haven't seen the new catalog yet - looks like it will be fun1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card. I have to find a CTMH rep and order. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to get my hands on the
    new Idea book! This stamp set is
    going on my list! A very pretty
    card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO COOL! Will have to try the acrylic cards sometime, too!
    TFS, really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melanie, your the awesome one! Thanks for sharing you beautiful creations day after day! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! TFS...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancy B...
    Love this card. The colors are great. Love CTMH.

    lv2dance92@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card. What kind of adhesive did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the card. the paper is so pretty.

    Jenny
    stine069@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a totally neat concept of a clear card. May have to find me a CTMH consultant again. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the idea of the acrylic card! Hope we can find them soon:)
    TFS
    Lynda

    flockerbie@indy.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful as always. Talent, talent. TFS

    Donna C.
    goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very inspirational card, Melanie.

    sfread171@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card, I hope that you will consider making a layout with this same line.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow neat card, I have never seen a clear card before. TFS and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty card.

    redheadhugs@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Melanie!! Love the cloud pp! TFS!

    Crafty fluffy cloud Hugs!!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is so pretty and so sweet. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW...GReat Card Melanie...I've always wanted to try it too...I'm gonna have to get some of that acrylic! (scrapper1969)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really pretty. I bought some transparency paper to explore this technique as well.
    LOVE it
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love it! So very very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very nice card! I eeally like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card, I love your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another great card. I love the delicate colors. Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have me singing "nothing but blue skies from now on..." Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the card!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very Pretty Card.
    Erin K.

    ReplyDelete
  41. title reminds me of my very first album by bobby vinton. every song on it was blue 'something'. i still have it. (including blue skies). now i'm humming that tune.

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super cute:) thanks for sharing.
    Monica L.
    monita23@ca.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow melanie! very kewl! and it will keep lil finger prints from getting all over the cards!
    marie sierra
    mea57_98!yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. What an inspiring card! Love the idea of buying precut acrylic cards. Thanks for the ideas. (awillmon39@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Adorable card!!

    deelepage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, this is a great card! I love the clear acrylic paper and this will make it so much easier to do a card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cutie patootie! Congratulations on making the chirp this month.
    Veronica
    vballen@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love that cloud paper! very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very pretty card. I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  50. love it melanie

    chriswooten57
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful! Maybe I shouldn't have stopped selling CTMH...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Ooh I love it! My friend is a consultant and she just got the new stuff! This is the first I have seen the acrylic cards used! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a great card! Love the paper and the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very nice! How did you get the paper to stick without the glue/adhesive showing?

    ReplyDelete
  56. OOOh, ya, I wanna see acrylic cards too! This one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a great card...clear cards are very new to me. This card looks awesome!! I love the paper and the dimensional clouds. I would love to make both a card and LO with this paper and idea!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very cool. I would love to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  59. fabulous card!!! would luv to get a hold of a CTMH rep...none here:(

    ReplyDelete
  60. Card is so pretty. Love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is really pretty and what a great sentiment! tyfs

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very nice. The acrylic is a different aproach.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Very pretty card. Love the papers. Never would have thought to use a clear base for a card! Interesting and unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  64. A beautiful classic look card, lovely.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  65. Oops! I almost missed this one as I am so behind on email. Cute little card especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very pretty - love the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I never would have thought to try this type of card! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a great card. I love the colors and the paper. Keep up the great work and "HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY".

    ReplyDelete
  69. What elegant cards. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  70. When i first saw it, i thought you laminated it. Clear cards look awesome! I'll have to give it a try. Looks great btw! The paper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  71. That is a beautiful card. I love the "feeling" of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very sweet card! Love the colors.
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  73. How cool is that? Im gonna have to check out those clear cards!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS