Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Elegant Cake butterfly birthday card

Hello, friends!

I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. I have been busy, but very productive! My house is clean and my projects for Everyday Cricut are complete. I just need to edit the video...which I will be doing this morning. Now I just wish I had a relaxing day ahead of me, but sadly I have a birthday party for my nieces(they are not even twins, just born on the same day 3 years apart). You know the kind of party that starts early afternoon and doesn't end till it is bath time....*sigh* Good thing I love birthday cake!


Here is one of the cards that I made for the party. This one is Lexy's. She is turning three and loves butterflies!


The sentiment is cut using Elegant Cakes cartridge at 1 1/2". I love this font! I wish they would do an entire cartridge with it!


the butterfly is a sticker that came with the Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie' paper pack.


Updated to add: the flower on the inside of the card is also a sticker from the paper pack.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a fabulous Sunday!

91 comments:

  1. Am I the first? WOW! The card matches the title of the cartridge - elegant. And I'm with you . . . I'd love to see that font on a cartridge. Do you think Provocraft is listening? tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love butterflies too! have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Butterflies are always a hit with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! That is a great idea to have your babies on the same day of the year. One birthday party and you are done! LOL I'll bet the kids don't like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BE A U TI FUL !!!!

    Careful with the buttons and a 3 yr old! *wink*

    A lovely card...... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Lexie, I love butterflies too! This is a beautiful card. I love this font too!
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I agree.....I love the font!!! I wonder how many other people have had their children on the same day different year!! That is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky Lexy. She'll have a lovely butterfly card. Your eye for color combinations is appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I see a little flower on the inside of the card. How did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. I have a real weakness for butterfly's! I think I really need that cart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The font is absolutely beautiful, what a great card. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful birthday card. Your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute card! Butterflies are ageless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A card she will cherish! I'll bet she could have a scrap book with just "Auntie's" cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Have a nice day and don't eat to much cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love.Love..Love...this card. I love butterflies anyway. Super colors and the font on the "Happy Birthday" is so cool.
    Love the paper also. Keep up the great job..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card. Love the papers you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very pretty. have fun.
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Melanie. I'll bet your niece will absolutely love it!I love butterflies as well!

    sfread171@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. everything a little girl would love.
    beautiful card,
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card Melanie!!!! That font is gorgeous! Have fun today!

    Flutterby Hugs,

    Lisa Sturgill :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Great colors! I never really thought of using a sticker as the focal point of the card! I love that font too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very pretty card! I also love butterflies. And I have a sister who was born on my third birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another beautiful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE anything with butterflies!! This card is BEAUTIFUL!! TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty card and butterfly. I love the font.

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful butterfly and that font is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful paper, Mel. I wanna be a paper queen like you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Three of my kids were born in the same week...twins 4 years after my 1st....we have one birthday party for the 3 of them...and they don't seem to mind...phew! I wouldn't mind getting this card in the mail!! Pretty, pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. sounds like my hubby and his brother, except they're 7 years apart! This card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bet she will just love her customized special bday card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice card. I like the added flower on the inside ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. That font is beautiful! Love the card!!! Have a good time at the party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card! It has just the right amount of bling :) Those days where you would just like to hang out, but you have that party to go to are tough! And they do always seem to last until bathtime don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This card is so pretty! Love all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love It! Great colors and love the paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the elegant look of the Birthday.... I am sure she is going to love it. I am so jealous your house is cleaned and all your projects are done.

    ReplyDelete
  39. you just keep out doing yourself. love it.

    chriswooten57
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hope you can have a quiet Monday since you had a busy Sunday. Card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Young, happy, cute... perfect! What's not to love about butterflies? Have a piece of cake for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Soooo Pretty Melanie... and I know all too well about teh family birthday parties...my oldest and youngest are 10 yrs. apart..so yes we have done parties for them togther...:) not anymore of course the oldest is 17... so he doesn't like to do the 2 for 1 parties anymore....:) enjoy the day! :)
    scrapper1969

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks to all the butterflies cricut puts out I am beginning to love them too. Such a pretty card. jsj111@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Butterflies are such a beautiful insect. The card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nice. Thanks so much for sharing. Butterflies and birthdays are the best have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful Butterfly Bday card. Did you make the cake with the Cricut cake machine to match the card?? Have a great day today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Melanie, the card is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So cute! Love the paper for your butterfly card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful, bright card. I like how you pay attention to the little details, like the twine in the buttons, to finish things off!

    ReplyDelete
  50. How fun, adorable and colorful is that? So CAUUUUUTE! TFS!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  51. so cheerful and love all the color.

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  52. That butterfly is sooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    http://scrappymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. How adorable! Thanks for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful birthday card! I hope you enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is really a pretty card. I love the colors.
    Veronica
    vballen@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a beautiful card for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  57. i haven't been around much lately but i just looked at the latest cards and I love every single one...but i bet you know that already...a big fan here.

    ReplyDelete
  58. how pretty melanie! something that young miss will surely treasure!
    thank you for sharing...
    marie sierra
    mea57_98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the paper and the butterfly, but I agree with you the font is awesome!

    TFS

    Carmen
    cal8007 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. So very pretty!!

    deelepage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. The font is beautiful. Provo Craft take note! Hope you survived the day!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very pretty card. I love butterflys too. I know what you mean about double birthday parties too. My grandosn's birthdays lack 3 days being exactly 2 years apart.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Melanie! Great card, I love the butterfly! They are my fav! I love the font to I would love to see a cartridge with that font also! Have a great time at the birthday party!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card, beautiful paper and embellishments, enough said! Oops I forgot, I was hoping the butterfly was a cricut cut, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love this font too. Beautful card

    chris@iwooten.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Sweet card. Any little one would be so excited over this card. Love the colors.
    Thank you for sharing
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very pretty, love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  68. very pretty paper and like how the butterfly sticks out of all the busy colors. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  69. Very cute card and love the papers you used. I'm amazed at how well everything looks considering all the busy papers you used. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a pretty card. I love everything about it. Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love that card and Im sure she will too! Very pretty! Have fun today and thanks for sharing. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very pretty card. The papers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing.

    sherrihe180

    ReplyDelete
  73. Absolutely beautiful card. I love the font and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Your niece will feel very special getting such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is absolutely gorgeous! Wow! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Really cute card. Love all the colorful butterfly:) thanks for sharing.
    Monica L.
    monita23@ca.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. i love this card! very cute!! Charity S

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love this paper. Gonna have to have it. Love the card/ she will also love it.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I LOVE this card!!! Wonder how much longer I'm going to have to wait for my Elegant Cakes cartridge??? Your projects made with it are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing, Melanie!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Oh my gosh. That is so pretty. It is elegant. I have to have that cart. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS