Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Elegant birthday card

Hello!

Today's card is a card I made for my MIL'S birthday. I made it with the new Elegant Cakes cartridge. I just love this cartridge. I has some really classy cuts on it. I was not sure I would like it much until I saw it and I was smitten.



The paper is Bo Bunny and the cardstock is Papertrey Ink. The stamps used are from Papertrey Ink.
Don't forget my huge drawing(Just Because Cards, Preserves, Elmo's party, Destinations, Serenade AND You pick one PRE-ORDER of the new cartridges(announced today but *excludes Cake Basics*) from Hallmark Scrapbook) on Thursday! You can enter in the drawing by posting on THIS post and signing up as a follower.

Have a great day!



Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email

259 comments:

  1. I really like this card. Great choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is one great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, your MIL will love it I'm sure
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! When I saw the new Cakes cartridges coming out I didn't really care... now that I've seen projects using these on cards and layouts I'm sure I need these too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I thought I was safe on the "cake" cartridges since I have no interest in making actual cakes....No Deal! The new carts are amazing and I see so many possibilities. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cut is beautiful! How perfect for your card! Your MIL is going to love it!

    MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you chose for this elegant card. I think this cartridge will have to go on my "must have" list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! The new cartridges seem to have so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is nice we can use the cake carts to make paper crafts with too. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Gail gailheinecke at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my! I think I covet this cartridge! I'm like you, too, I first thought cake cartridges, no, those won't be for me but the images are so COOL! Love it!
    MCF's Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never realized all the things that you could do with this cartridge. Beautiful card that I am sure your MIL will love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.
    Erin
    ekell77@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card I am loving this new cart

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty pretty card. You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. At first I saw "cakes" and thought, "great, can't use it for cards and scrapbooking" until I saw what you had done, and done quite nicely, and now I HAVE TO HAVE that cart too. Simple but pretty.
    Grams716

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is beautiful. I said, "Wow" when I first saw it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancy B

    I am sure your MIL will love her birthday card. Very pretty card.

    Thanks for all your hard work

    lv2dance92@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, I agree, I think that Elegant cards will be a must have for a lot of people. The cuts on that are just so pretty, and versatile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Melanie. I am really liking these "cake carts".

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! You and Joy must have been on the same wavelength today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Elegant is definitely the word to describe it. Beautiful is another.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, it looks like there's a big diamond on that card. It is so elegant. Great job, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. I love the layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also wasnt sure about the cartridge but you have me sold!! I love the card!
    Nancy
    nancyiaggi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card. It's really nice to see the cake cartridges used for papercrafts.
    sandyford77 at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a pretty card. I like that you can interchange the cartridges within the machines!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is beautiful. I will have to reconsider this cart! Jeanene

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful card! would love to have this cart!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fancy! Need those cards sometimes.
    Lynda

    flockerbie@indy.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your card,so elegant!! I would love a chance to win your awesome blog candy!! I just became a follower and subscribed as well!
    Blessings,
    Holley

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful card. I am a follower. bob.heather@q.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have to agree about not being sure if I would like it but I can for sure see this design on wedding cards or invites for sure. You always do a great job and I am now a loyal daily follower! Thanks for sharing! Have a splendid day.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It is very elegant! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How beautiful! I love the colors that used ,so vibrant. Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card, very, very elegant! Colors are super!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  38. Classy cuts is right! Wow! Im likin all the cake cartridges at this point. TFS, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  39. HaPpy birthday to your mil. Beautiful cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a pretty card. Love the paper and the colors. I never thought the cake cartridges would be on my list.
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card....I am sure she will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh my, what a beautiful card! very classy...i may have to take a closer look at this cart!
    Jennifer, blossom93 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card! Your colors are perfect!

    donna967@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow!! Who would have thought that the cake cart could make such beautiful cards....I'm Sold !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. this card really s elegant. love it JSharer417@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is a very pretty card. I like this cartridge too. Very classy as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Another beautiful card. I didn't
    realize that the cake carts.
    would crossover well for papercrafting. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Who would have thought on the cake cart! Bravo for putting that to our attention so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Another beautiful card! I think I'm going to have to get a job to afford all these wonderful cartridges that are coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful card Melanie, your MIL is going to love it. PS if you trim away the bottom center it would look just like a tiara.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think the paper you chose for this really sets off the design--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your card. Glad to see that the cake carts aren't just for cakes! TFS
    mommanj
    ngate3@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great card and I love the "Elegant Cake" cartridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  54. You're right - it is very elegant. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful card! Thank you for the wonderful giveaway.

    Laurie

    jjbrewski at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Another beautiful card and the cuts on the cake cartridge are gorgeous! I can only imagine what it would look like on a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  57. LOve the color combo. You are such a good daughter in law. I'm sure your MIL with love it.

    cat.lovin.scrapper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very elegant. I'm sure your MIL will love it. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the card!! Such versitle cartridges. Thought they were only for cakes. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Very elegant card and great give away.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the card, love what you can do with a new cart.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful card. I love the details. Thank you again for the opportunity to win such great prizes.
    Veronica
    vballen@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  63. Beautiful card!! This cart looks great!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Classy, love that word for this card!
    like the way the ribbon hangs over the edge also!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  65. Gorgeous. Am so glad that the cake carts are also so good foe us scrappers. Thanks

    Donna C.
    goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful card! I love this new cartridge it has so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful design & card. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Amazing card...I didn't think I would like or need the "cake carts" but boy was I wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Very Nice card!! I love that you can use the cake carts for cards..
    LindaP

    ReplyDelete
  70. Very pretty! Very "elegant"!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  71. When I saw these cake carts, I thought to myself, there's nothing to interest me in those. But I find I am becoming enticed by your use of them. Great, elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.cberrylyn

    ReplyDelete
  73. A very pretty card. The colors are so pretty. Have a great day!!Thank you so much for your help and instructions as well. Sheila Courts

    ReplyDelete
  74. I wasn't sure about the cake carts but after seeing your pretty card I think I might buy some.

    sfread171@hoitmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a very pretty card!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Such a pretty card. I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Another beautiful card. Loving those cake carts. I love themmmm

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow, great card...Thanks!

    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  79. Great card, you have a lucky MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Gorgeous and elegant!
    rhondah~

    ReplyDelete
  81. Lovely card. I know your MIL will love it. Just when I thought I did not need this cart, it is now on my list. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Elegant Card! It looks easy or did it have a lot of pieces to the top layer?
    mks

    ReplyDelete
  83. Very pretty. Love the colors.
    tdbeardslee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Mel-Such a pretty card--I love the background! and the one bling gem just sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  85. What an elegant birthday card. Love the coices. I am sure your MIL will love it. It comes from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Beautiful card! Great colors! Love your projects. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  87. Beautiful Card!! Thanks for sharing. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  88. This is a beautiful card! Just love it. Please tell us which line of Cosmo Criket paper this is. Thanks. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  89. Pretty and very elegant card! Looks like one you'd pay for in stores. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Beautiful birthday card Melanie. Both you and Joy do create some wonderful cards. I love the way you combine patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I love the colors you chose for this card. I had convinced myself I wasn't interested in the cake cartridges but you have quickly changed my mind. What a great cut. I am going to cut my way to the poor house at this rate! LOL! Thanks for all the great inspiration and a great chance to win.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    muffy74sf@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  92. Loving this cartridge! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  93. That is one very elegant card! There is something to be said about just have a cartridge that has beautiful flourishes and swirls to make projects elegant!

    Beth Fiscus

    ReplyDelete
  94. Very elegant card.
    marilyn2222

    ReplyDelete
  95. Thank you for showing us that we can use this cart...not just for cakes. I never would have even considered getting the cake carts but after seeing some of the cards being made with them I am reconsidering! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Awesome card! Love that cut!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Such a elegant card. I love the colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  98. see why the cart is called "elegant". Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love the card. your MIL is soooo lucky! efghaus@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. Very nice card.
    Marjorie from TX
    marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  101. Beautiful card, Melanie. Your MIL will absolutely love it! TFS.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  102. It's great that we can use these carts for more than just cake!

    ReplyDelete
  103. I'm loving that cartridge, too, Melanie!! Do you think any of the images will be difficult to cut small enough for cards? I love the one you used here! Can't wait for April!!!
    Thanks so much for all you share!!

    Hugs!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  104. Didn't think I needed this cart either but now it looks like another one I HAVE to have, haha.
    ClaireD
    claired6993@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I just LOVE this card and I think I may have to invest in these cake cartridges! Thank you so much for sharing all your womderful ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Lucky MIL! Your card is beautiful. I really like you color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  107. I was GOING to be so careful in what carts. I buy this time... you are really making it hard. lol.. beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  108. Great card. Really like the colors.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  109. Very nice Birthday Card. Love it
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  110. Beautiful card--love the card combo too--I am loving these new "cake" carts and glad to hear that they can be used for paper crafting as well--TFS

    ReplyDelete
  111. The more I see of the "cakes" cartridges the more I want them. This is just a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Wow! Even the cake cartridges offer a lot, which I didn't think they would. Thanks for the pretty card. Pam
    pcrusberg at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. I love the color combinations, what an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  114. Your MIL is going to love this card! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Your projects are always so tastefully done! This one is no exception. LOVE what you have done and your paper choices are perfection! Thank you so much for sharing. THis cartridge has been one of my favorites since they were released.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Very elegant, I love the colors. Thanks for sharing,
    Monica L.
    monita23@ca.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  117. very pretty card thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  118. Your MIL is going to love that card. You are right, so elegant. Great job!!

    deelepage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  119. What a lovely card! With so many awesome new cartridges out, I am having a hard time deciding which one is my favorite. Can't I just get them all? Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Lovely card. I may need to look more closely at the cake cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  121. very sweet looking card i can't wait to see the new carts in stores
    thank you for sharing Penny

    ReplyDelete
  122. Beautiful card!
    Chris
    cffeit@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  123. I love this card. You can make it fit so many occasions. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Melanie..this card is so elegant!!! I love it, and I'm sure your MIL will too! The paper is the perfect choice as well, and I love how you did the ribbon. I don't know if I commented on your "Paris" card, but it is stunning..reminds me of the post cards you see with artsy type styling of the Eiffel tower, except much prettier! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  125. Cindi (thecraftydiva)March 22, 2010 at 11:20 AM

    I love these new cake cartridges they are so cool and you answered my question they can be used with paper. I really like the card u made very fab.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Beautiful colors, very elegant.
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  127. What a beautiful card! I'm sure your MIL will be so excited to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  128. I like all of the cartridges but my favorite is the Create-A-Critter one!

    ReplyDelete
  129. I love the elegant swirl! I think these carts are very versatile. They'll be fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  130. well crap, now I need yet another cartridge! I sure hope random integer man picks me!

    ReplyDelete
  131. The card is beautiful and I love the colors!

    Donya

    ReplyDelete
  132. I love the paper you used to create this card.

    Thanks for sharing.

    sherrihe180

    ReplyDelete
  133. Beautiful Card. I'm sure your MIL will love it
    Hawksteammom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  134. I am so glad you used this cut because I wasn't sure how it would look-but now I know and I love it. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Gorgeous card! Your choice of colors is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  136. Wonderful card!! Great choice of colors, this cartridge is a must have...

    ReplyDelete
  137. Love your card! Love the new cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  138. I just found your blog! I am so excited to be following it now. Your projects are incredible.
    I love your color scheme here! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  139. What an adorable card! I really want this cart - I love the images!
    TY for the inspiration
    chris.kim33 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. This is truly an elegant and lovely card. I'm going to have a hard time choosing which cartridge I want next! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.
    BethAnn M

    ReplyDelete
  141. That is a beautiful cut- very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  142. That is a neat card to be elegant, but looks fairly simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  143. That's beautiful...she's gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  144. I really like your card. Love the colors. Wow!! All these new carts, It's hard to pick just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  145. Love the cards! Your MIL will love it! Love the colors you chose!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  146. What a beautiful card, MIL will be very happy.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  147. Nice card! These new carts are great!

    Gail A
    gailliz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  148. Very pretty card, I knew from the start that I would like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  149. Such a pretty card - I would be pleased to recieve such a beauty!
    dvwayne at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. Beautiful card and elegant also, she will love it. I might need this cart, after all! TFS
    dianne31331

    ReplyDelete
  151. I like the card and the paper. I have not seen papertrey paper in my joann or michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  152. hi melanie! your mother in law must be darling if you would make her such a lovely card! you are both blessed to have each other!
    marie sierra
    mea57_98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  153. Great card, I love the colors and layers. dallen

    ReplyDelete
  154. Very lovely! It would be perfect for my grandmother. Thanks for the ideas you share.

    ReplyDelete
  155. Melanie, that is a beautiful image and it looks gorgeous on the card, I can just imagine repeated on a cake, wow! Thanks for the chance to win!

    Carmen L

    cal8007 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  156. Very pretty card. I like this cart as well. I think it is my third favorite of the new releases. Thanks
    Melissa
    MelJohn74 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  157. I never would have guessed cakes. Beautiful card, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Love this card and the papers are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  159. I love the cards you make and share on your website. You inspire me.

    judyf9atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  160. I love the main design of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  161. Great card

    aelem@aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  162. I love those cake cartridges. I'm so glad you showed us those. My wallet, however, may not be so happy with that!

    ReplyDelete
  163. What an elegant card!!!! I love the colors, so classy

    ReplyDelete
  164. YOUR CARD IS GREAT! I RUSH HOME FROM WORK TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE CREATED DAILY. A WONDERFUL INSPIRATION TO COME HOME TO!!!
    DAWN
    MARTINFARM72@VERIZON.NET

    ReplyDelete
  165. I really liking the cakes cart. I've been seeing nothing but beautiful cards made with cart.

    ReplyDelete
  166. I realy like this card. That cartridge looks like it has a lot of uses. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  167. thanks for the chance to win! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  168. I just love this card!
    krazykraftymom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  169. think I like the elegant cakes cartridge. Great looks.

    ReplyDelete
  170. What a beautiful card! I would love to win any of these carts!

    ReplyDelete
  171. really cute!TFS!

    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  172. Love this card. Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  173. Gorgeous card! Your talents are limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  174. That is one very beautiful card. MIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  175. Who am I supposed to send all of these great cards to? TFS

    ReplyDelete
  176. Beautiful card!!! I love the paper and colours. Who knew a cake cartridge would make such a gorgeous card?? Thanks for showing us what it can do.

    ReplyDelete
  177. Pretty card. Beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  178. Beautiful card, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  179. The card is beutiful. I have got to buy this cartridge.
    .gail

    ReplyDelete
  180. Love this card. Great color combinations. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS